Last week, as you know, I facilitated a retreat for 21 Sisters of Notre Dame at Bethany, our retreat center on this campus. Thank you for your prayers for this endeavor. We had a whole week to enjoy all the colors of fall too! At the closing of our retreat Saturday afternoon, I asked the retreatants to write one insight, quote, spiritual truth they wanted to remember from this retreat. They submitted them anonymously. I then incorporated their thoughts into a prayer of gratitude. I would like to share some of these thoughts with you today.
1) My amazing God… Strong, gentle, most powerful… Encompassing me!
2) The best way to know God is to love many things (Van Gogh).
3) God’s hand holds all that happens.
4) I liked the use of Children’s literature. (I put out books like these: Old Turtle (Douglas Wood), You Are Special (Max Lucado), The Nativity (Julie Vivas), Children’s Letters to God (Hample and Marshall), Does God Know How to Tie Shoes? (Nancy White Carlstrom), God Thinks You’re Wonderful! (Max Lucado), and others.
5) To see a world in a grain of sand/ And heaven in a wild flower. (Blake)
6) From an Algerian Trappist: “When You fill my heart, my eyes overflow.”
7) How lucky I am to have something (someone) that makes saying goodbye so hard. (from Winnie the Pooh)
8) My voice is as valid and important as the voices of the “experts.”
9) From a song we sang at Mass this week: “Healing Spirit, bathe the wounds that living brings…”
10) Love God more… Walk in Nature daily.
11) Strive to love others as God loves us.
12) In heaven there are no secrets.
13) God thinks I am a good idea.
14) I really liked the opening song, “Drawn to You” by Sarah Hart. It’s beautiful!
15) Jesus, you are with me in difficult times, EMBRACING ME… You are with me in good times, LAUGHING WITH ME… Thank you for being with me ALWAYS, and for loving me SO MUCH!
Did any of the reflections from the retreat speak to you today? If so, which one(s)… why?
Special treat: We have an “art room” at our retreat center. One sister who was on retreat, Sr. Valerie Sweeney, was inspired to creative these lovely cards based on some of the things we were exploring during the retreat. I thought they were so beautiful, I asked if I might post them here for you! Thanks for saying yes, Val!
One retreatant mentioned how much she liked the opening song of the retreat, “Drawn to You” by Sarah Hart. Here it is for you to enjoy:
I welcome your comments below! Thank you!