This week I want to share some quotes from an article I wrote many years. If you’re experiencing some hard times, I hope these quotes might speak to your heart.
1. Good is never done except at the expense of those who do it. (John Newman)
2. Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. (John Wooden)
3. Failures aren’t failures if you learn from them. (Anne Morrow Lindberg)
4. There are no shortcuts to anyplace worth going. (Beverly Sills)
5. When God closes a door, God opens a window. (Gerald Bath)
6. God gives every bird its food, but God does not throw it into the nest. (Josiah Holland)
7. The rower reaches the shore, partly by pulling, partly by letting go. (Egyptian proverb)
8. The person who makes no mistakes, never makes anything. (English proverb)
9. To live is to adapt. (Goethe)
10. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter their life by altering their attitude. (William James)
11. The lowest ebb is the turn of the tide. (Anonymous)
12. Pessimists complain about the wind. Optimists hope it will change. Realists adjust the sails. (William Arthur Ward)
13. There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm. (Willa Cather)
14. Where you stumble and fall, there you will find pure gold. (Carl Jung)
15. No Christian escapes a taste of the wilderness on the way to the Promised Land. (Evelyn Underhill)
16. For every complex problem there’s a solution that’s clear, simple, and wrong. (H. L. Mencken) Adversity introduces us to ourselves. (George W. Bush)
18. See all, overlook much, improve a little. (Pope John XXIII)
19. Love and suffering are the primary spiritual teachers. (Richard Rohr)
20. Life is never so bad at its worst that it is impossible to live; it is never so good at its best that it is easy to live. (Anonymous)
Do any of the quotes speak to you today? Why?
Do you disagree with any of the quotes? Or would you modify any of them? Why?
Our song today is a song by Carey Landry: “Peace Is Flowing Like a River.” This is a gentle version with lyrics and nature pictures. I hope it brings you peace…
I welcome your comments below! I always love to hear from you!